“I would like to thank my patients for providing me with the opportunity to touch their lives and be part of their family; I will always cherish their blessings and good wishes.” – Dr. Laghvendu Shekhar
Currently appointed as the Senior Orthopedic Consultant and Joint Replacement Specialist with Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur. Dr. Shekhar is one of the most trusted and reputed orthopedic surgeons in the Nagpur district. Over a span of more than 12 years, he has performed an extensive number of challenging cases demanding immense amounts of expertise and technological know-how. Dr. Shekhar has done commendable work in the field of joint replacement surgery performing both primary and revision surgeries on complicated cases and on patients whom earlier surgeries did not bring much success to them.
His adept surgical and pain control techniques focus on minimizing the complications of surgery, allowing patients to be mobilized as soon as 12-18 hours (may vary from patient to patient). Most of the patients achieve an easy bend at the knee. Upon discharge, generally on 3rd postoperative day, patients relish the 100 -120° knee movements and walk with minimal aids.
- M.B.B.S. Sawai Man Singh Medical College.Jaipur
- MS Orthopaedics JL.N Medical College Ajmer
- Member of Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons.
- Member of Indian Arthroscopy Society
- RORF fellowship in Hospital for special surgery New York with Dr. Chitranjan S Ranawat
- One year fellowship in Total Joint Replacement Surgery Under Dr. Vikram I Shah at Shalby Hospital , Ahmedabad
- Visited Dr Ross Crawford at Prince Charles Hospital , Brisbane Australia to gain insights of revision surgeries of hip, knee and arthroscopic procedures of the hip for labral tears.